Hydration = Brain fuel?
I am sure you have been told countless times by authority figures to may sure you stay hydrated. After the years of nagging and more nagging you make still ignore them…PLEASE DON’T! You’re brain depends on it…
YOU NEED TO STAY HYDRATED!!!!!!
Over 70% of your body is comprised of water and every part of your body depends on it. Your brain, skin, bones, muscles, you name it! Do you want to know what happens to your brain when you are 1% dehydrated?
1. When you’re body is only 1% dehydrated, you lose approximately 5% of your brain function.
2. When you are dehydrated your brain will not only reduce in function but also it will reduce in size. In other words your brain shrinks and pulls away from your skull…nasty…
Some other effects are:
- Sugar cravings
- Bad Breath
- Dry Skin
- Reduction in your ability to safely drive your car (similar effect to drunk driving)
- Lower mood
- Dizzy and Foggy Minded
- Workout ( 2% dehydration leads to 10% reduction in athletic performance)
- The Chills
- Lower Metabolism (increased weight gain)
Start your day right by drinking two 8oz glasses of water each morning and give your brain the necessary brain fuel it needs. Try squeezing some lemon into the water for more benefits such as increased energy, better skin, and detoxification.
Here are additional ways to help boost your brain!
#wellbeing #wellbeingme #brainfuel #hydration #waterisgood