Here is an excellent recipe from Jamie Eason and bodybuilding.com for how to make “Monster Meatloaf”, which is a turkey meatloaf recipe containing only 7g of fat per serving.
- 1 12-oz package chopped onions and peppers, thawed (or 1 to 1-1/2 cups fresh)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp minced garlic (or paste)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp tomato paste (no salt added)
- 3 lbs extra-lean ground turkey (or chicken breast)
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup reduced-sugar ketchup (no high-fructose corn syrup)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and prep a 9-by-13 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray. In a large sauté pan, cook the onions and peppers with salt, pepper and thyme until onions are translucent (about 5 minutes). Next, add garlic, soy sauce, chicken broth and tomato paste, mixing until heated through. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, egg whites, oats and sautéed mixture (cooled). Mix by hand until all incorporated and press flat into the 9-by-13 prepared Pyrex dish.
- Spread ketchup in an even layer on top of the prepared turkey and place in the oven to bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Serving Size (1)
Amount per serving
Total Calories 83