One of the best ways to drink coffee while reducing the acidity of the beverage is by adding mushroom! If there is a puzzled look on your face, trust me I understand. However, we are not just adding any ordinary mushroom, but certain ones that tastes great in coffee (Chaga, Cordyceps and Lion’s Mane). Young and Raw has created a great post explaining the benefits of this concoction.
Why would you drink coffee in the first place?
- Coffee is a great source of antioxidants
- Coffee increases metabolism and helps with weight-loss
- Coffee improves physical performance
- Coffee makes you more focused and productive
- Coffee can fight depression
And why would you add medicinal mushrooms to your coffee (mushroom coffee)?
- To make it less acidic – both the effects in the body and the taste (you might not need to add milk or sugar!)
- To support adrenal glands and prevent adrenal fatigue
- To up the antioxidant count by manyfold
- Especially three different medicinal mushrooms work synergistically with coffee both flavour- and effect-wise: Chaga, Cordyceps and Lion’s Mane.