CHEESY CHIPOTLE CHICKEN PASTA CASSEROLE WITH #AVOCADO
1 1/2 ripe tomatoes
2 garlic cloves
1/2 coarsely chopped white onion
3/4 kosher or coarse sea salt plus more to taste to season chicken
1/4 freshly ground black pepper plus more to taste to season chicken
2 sauce from chipotles in adobo or to taste
1 chipotle chileadobo sauce seeded, or to taste, optional
6-8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 teaspoon dried oregano
6 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
1 pound penne or elbow pasta
3 cups chicken broth homemade or store bought
3 cups 12 oz, grated melty cheese such as Oaxaca, Monterey Jack or Mozzarella
1 ripe avocado halved, pitted, peeled and cut into slices, for garnish
Mexican crema Latin-style cream, crème fraiche or sour cream, optional for garnish
– Place tomatoes and garlic in a medium or 3-quart saucepan and cover with water.
– Set over medium-high heat and simmer until the tomatoes are thoroughly cooked and the skins have started to come off, about 10 minutes.
– Transfer tomatoes and garlic, along with 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid, to a blender or food processor. Allow to cool slightly, then add the onion, salt, pepper, adobo sauce and chile, and puree until smooth.
– Sprinkle chicken with oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
– Heat 4 tablespoons oil in a large, deep and thick casserole or skillet set over medium-high heat.
– Once hot, sear the chicken thighs, about 2 to 3 minutes per side, until browned but not thoroughly cooked. Remove from skillet, reserve in a bowl.
Pour the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil into the casserole and set over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the pasta.
– Fry for a few minutes, stirring constantly, until pasta smells toasty and begins to brown, don’t let it burn. Pour the tomato puree over the pasta, it will jump all over the casserole, so you may want to use the lid as a shield over the casserole.
– Stir, cover partially, and let the sauce cook for about 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it darkens and cooks into a thick puree consistency.
– Nest the browned chicken on the pasta, pour the chicken broth on top, stir gently, cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce heat to low and cook for 50 minutes.
– Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
– Remove the lid, sprinkle the cheese all over the pasta, place the casserole in the oven and bake anywhere from 10 to 12 minutes, or until cheese has completely melted and begun to lightly brown. Serve hot.
– Place avocado slices all around. Drizzle Mexican cream on top.
#fastmeals #quickmeals #delciousmeals #delicious #avocado